leaking carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking carb

i have a 1987 yamaha 9.9sh 2 stroke and it was running fine just seemed a little under powered so i decided to clean the carb that was apparently not dirty ... put it back on and engine runs fine yet gas is leaking from the screw underneath the bowl when it is running ... is the float stuck perhaps ??
    thanks for any help!

Probably have a bad bowl or screw gasket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

what is cause of bowl leaking on yamaha 9.9 outboard

Ok but also the screw that hods the bowl in place from underneath it slides into the bowl and holds it that screw is leaking like i have said but also this screw has a hole that goes through it and when it is set into place and screwed in their is also a passageway through the bowl and i dont know perhaps i just dont have the screw and passageway lined up correctly?

Comment

photo of carb leak issue

Comment

if it is leaking you need a new gasket/oring for it
          http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...%29/parts.html

looks like 39 or 41

Comment

ok thanks, but would you have any idea as far as what the orientation of that hole in the screw which goes into the bowl ? fully aligned with the insert hole so gas flow through 100% un obstructed or perhaps 25% 50% etc. ? all i remember from when i took it out to clean it is that it was somewhat tight but dont remember if it needed to be a particuliar orientation
            -thanks

Comment

more than likely needs to be somewhat tight, yes

Comment

Working...
              X