yam hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yam hpdi

hi, brand new member, go easy on me lol....here go's bought 21 paramount with 2004 lz300, motor idles fine, but wont go over 1500 r's without bogging, put new racor on, and cartridge filter in plastic housing with water sensor, im told these motors have hidden filters, no manuel, so im asking if anyone can help b-4 i pay high dollars at the shop, motor has 528 hrs. thanks ahead of time and is there any pics avail. of filters on motor

If you are going to work on this thing yourself , pick up a Yamaha service manual and start reading.
    Testing things is the best way to go so you do not guess at problems and you will probably not have the equipment to do that, so get it hooked up to a computer (Yamaha shop) and see what it says is wrong. Then you can decide if you want to handle the job of going the repairs yourself. These motors run an the edge of lean to start out with and if you run it very long with problems it will smoke pistons
    Last edited by 99yam40; 04-20-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

appreciate info

thanks will get computer check at shop!!!!

Comment

Problematic motor in stock form. Had a weak oiler, etc. Need the manual and should probably take it to a dealer to plug in and see what upgrades have/have not been done. Spend some time on the computer searching HPDI on this forum and THT, especially "HPDI Mystery Filters" Very picky about gas quality. The FIRST thing I would do is change the hull filter to 2-micron racor, but you seem to already have issues with the motor mounted filters and screens being clogged. You describe the classic symptoms of fuel problems. Once you whip that motor in shape, you'll have a real screamer that will rival it's 4-stroke counterpart.
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

HPDI hidden filters

Hi,
          Sorry for my English is not very good.
          The HPDI have a micro filter on the injectors and there are two that are in the high pressure pump, the latter are not in any manual.
          I had a fuel problem, not work more than 3500 rpm, and the problem was these micro filter pump high

Comment

Working...
          X