Double checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double checking

Last week I had the water pump replaced and carbs. overhauled on my 2004 40hp 2 stroke yamaha outboard by my local yamaha dealer. I took the boat out saturday and it ran great. However i did notice that with the trans in neutral that the throttle would not move at all. I also noticed when I got the boat back on the trailer that there was a lot of water draining out of the lower unit between the housing and the prop. I took the boat back to the dealer today and was told both of these conditions are normal but to leave it with them and they would take a look at it. Now i know that before the throttle would move with the unit in neutral and I know that I never noticed water draining from the lower unit before. The water that was draining was clean heated water, I didn't see any oil in it. Is the dealer right and this was just the water draining from the engine or is this a problem.

If engine is not running then you would need to rotate prop when shifting into gear to align clutch dogs.
    Water will drain back out of engine and through prop when pull boat out of water.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X