Fuel tank issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank issues

I hope to have cleared up my motor running bad by changing out the VST filter.
    My next problem is the motor receiving fuel. I can not pump fuel to the motor from the tank. I have done the following;

1 changed the bulb(no luck)
    2. I was able to run it off of a 6 gallon tank using the current bulb.

So where can my problem be? Is it the fuel tank pick up?

Can the pick up tubes dissolve or break apart? On older boats I had the pick up tube was metal. Someone mentioned they may be flexible now. I hope they are because the pick up tubie has about 2 inches or less of clearance below the deck.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

If you have a flexible fuel pick up, you may be able to remove it without too much effort; however if it is a solid pipe you will have to make a hole in your floorboard large enough to remove it. Depending on whether the material in the filter was metal or not, could narrow down the source of your problem. Rubber=fuel line or gasket material; metal=steel fuel lines, steel pickup tube, or steel fuel tank; neither rubber or metal= material introduced from outside (sand or?) or a fiberglass tank breaking down.
    Because your problem seems to have initiated in your fuel tank, you will need to either clean it thoroughly, or replace it.
    The worst scenario would be having to replace the tank and lines.

Comment

judging by your VST filter you may want t pay someone to filter the gas in your tank or look for a 2 micron separator
      i always cut an access hole for the pickup tubes if not there already
      you may have a clogged/cracked pickup tube,
      check valve @ pickup tube,
      screen/filter in pu/tube,
      cracked/corroded fuel lines,
      air leak @ separator,motor filter,
      stuck check valve next to lp pumps

Comment

Working...
      X