VST was really dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST was really dirty

I have my fingers crossed that my man problem is solved(my original post is below). It was recommended by many that my VST filter might be the culprit. I changed it out yesterday and am waiting to run it when the weather is better.

I have done the following;

1. changed the yamaha water seperator, and the filter on side of the motor. No water evident in either. Problem still present.
    2. I next ran it on a 6 gallon tank and went directly to the motor. Still had problem.
    3. took VST apart yesterday and the filter was awfully dirty(see attached before and after cleaning pics)
    4. Just waiting to run it when the wind lays down(fingers crossed)

Motor(2006 OX 66 200 HP YAM) was running great for about 20 miles. All of a sudden she started missing. Stopped the boat and started looking for issues.
    Found we were not getting fuel from the tanl(22 ft Nautic Star)

We were able to by pass pickup tube and we were able to get fuel to the engine. When we were running she would start stalling at about 3300 RPMs or half throttle.

Any suggestions on where to start??

I am thinking of running the motor off of a 6 gallon tank of fresh gas. But first should I change any filters?? I se the one on the side of the motor, are there any others?? Should I drain the fuel out of the tank on the motor by removing the brass bolt??

Someone mentioned the motor going into a safe mode??? How do you reset this?

The issue with the fuel tank. Has anyone else had issues with their pick up tube before??? Hopefully it is a flexible tube that will allow it to be pulled out of the tank( about 2 inches of clearance above the tank to the deck)
    Attached Files

if that doesnt help, clean fuel pres reg filter and injector basket filters..... hopefully it didnt make it past the VST filter

Comment

Working...
    X