25 yamaha water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 yamaha water pump

I have a 2000 Yamaha 25 3 cylinder. Water steady out of pisser, but no water out of exhaust port below cowling. Don't remember if the water exits there or not? Any ideas?

My C40 does not have any coming out of there either, I worried about it at first because all the Johny Rudes I had always had plenty coming out of there.
    So I looked at a lot of other Yamahas and they usually only had a mist coming out, my 40 has not given me any problems so far in 3 years I have had it even though it does not have any coming out.
    My tell tail does flow a hard stream even at idle and when it slows down even a little I replace pump impeller with kit. I have found a couple of vanes missing once, so I try to pay good attention to it.

Comment

So the water flows through the water pump (impeller) and is then forced up to the thermostat on the head and opens and flows through the water jackets in the head and then exits the tattle tale or (pisser). Is there any other location that the cooling water exits?

Comment

Exits through exhaust.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X