94 250 Alarming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 250 Alarming

My 94 Ox 76 250 is alarming in the driveway (full constant whistle) while on a hose after about 3 minutes. I removed the thermostats and it still alarms. I disconnected the temp sensors by the heads and it stopped which leads me to believe I need to replace the impellor. The stream out the pisser is ok, but not forcefull. Does this sound logical? I bought the boat months ago but haven't run it yet, so I'm not sure of the history.

you should run it n the water first to see if you DO really have a overheat issue... if you dont know the age of the cooling components, then you should change them out

Comment

Always run motor with stats in, they are needed to restrict flow to force water to all parts of motor. Without them in place you will end up with hot areas and some cold ones from improper circulation.

Comment

Pulled lower unit. Pump looked OK, but had some cracks in impellor so will replace. Inserted hose from house and no blockage noted. Will put in new thermostats, new pump ass'y, flush block and see what happens from there.

I'll check head temps with a gun. I believe they should be between 80 -100F?

Comment

Working...
        X