OX66/250 Adjusting oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66/250 Adjusting oil pump

Having twins, one burns oil at twice the rate as the other. SO... I am trying to adjust the linkage. ( read a post here by Rod Bolt ) the post says to disconnect the throttle link rod to close the throttle valves. Not wanting to break these plastic clips , I can't figure how they come off. Seems like they are just pressed on ...BUT....!!!! Any help would be great.

Better read and understand the service manual procedure for adjusting the oil pump linkage. If it's too rich, you can damage #1 piston from the carbon buildup in the O2 sensor passageway. If too lean on oil, you can damage all the pistons and bearings.

Using too much oil can also be from leaking seals in the pump, overfilling the main tank, etc.

Comment

Pump seals

Can these be replaced, or new pump ?? Can you explain. Thanks

Comment

On my C40 they just pop off and on

Comment

use a pair of nedle nose pliers.
          carefully pop off the lower two throttle links on the fwd stbd side.
          with the shutter now fully closed measure the distance between the oil pump arm and the stopper.
          if the adjustment cant be made DO NOT bend the link arm.
          sometimes we have to cut off about 5 threads to get the adjustment.
          also you could have a pump shaft seal leaking and crankcase vacum will then draw oil past the pump.

Comment

pump shaft leak

Rodbolt,Thanks for the reply and welcome back.... Are you referring to the "O" ring located between the pump and the engine block ?

Comment

there is a seal on the pump shaft, I dont think its avalible seperatly.
              if that seal leaks typically cylinders 5 and 6 show excessive oiling.

Comment

thanks again, what part

Assuming that the "seal" is my problem. I am looking at a parts schematic for this motor.. 2001 SX250TXRZ........ What part would you replace to repair the problem ? I see 2 "O" rings, a collar , and a "gear driven"... I have not taken the oil pump off, just looking at a drawing. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X