Command Link kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link kit

Just got a brand new 2011 F115 In-Line four stroke. It didnŽt came with controls.

I want to install a digital tach + speedo (square gauges, 6Y8-8350T-01 + 6Y8-8350S-01). These come with:
    - 1 x Multi Hub
    - 1 x 6Y8-82521-11 Pigtail Bus Wire
    - 1 x 6Y8-83553-01 System Power Supply Wire

I intend to purchase either a basic a 703-48207-1A-10 Side Mount Control with 10 Pin Harness and key

OR

a 6X3-48206-01-00 Flush Mount Control Box with Stop Lanyard.

Would these controls be fully compatible with all gauges functionalities?

What else will I need? IŽd like all gauges functionalities to work i.e. trim level, oil level, fuel level, etc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Indian Ocean; 04-15-2012, 02:17 AM.

Yes either control boxes will work. You will need one pigtail bus wire per gauge to connect each gauge to multi hub at console and need one main bus wire to connect to multi hub at console and to hub at transom of boat.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks a lot Boats.net

Would you mind quoting the part# so I can order them from your website?

Also, IŽm surprised I wonŽt be needing any additional sensors / cables for the fuel gauge, oil level / pressure, trim tab position, etc. to work out? Where from do the gauges get this info otherwise? Just from the main bus wire to the transom?

Sorry as IŽm a newbie and just would like to order all required cables at once, also because I am based in Mauritius Island and parts ordered take long time to get here through customs.

Thanks again!

Comment

Choose two Pigtail Bus wires:
        6Y8-82521-01-00 1FT
        6Y8-82521-11-00 2FT
        6Y8-82521-21-00 3FT
        6Y8-82521-31-00 6FT
        6Y8-82521-41-00 9FT
        6Y8-82521-51-00 12FT

Choose one Main Bus wire:
        6Y8-82553-01-00 1FT
        6Y8-82553-50-00 10FT
        6Y8-82553-11-00 15FT
        6Y8-82553-21-00 20FT
        6Y8-82553-31-00 25FT
        6Y8-82553-41-00 30FT

If you bought gauge kit it should have speed sensor kit, if not then would need
        60V-8A4L1-11-00
        OPtional part is water pressure kit,60V-8A4L0-01-00
        Rest of data comes from engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

Thanks again. As I mentioned in my initial thread I didnŽt purchase a kit but the 2 square gauges, 1x Multi Hub + 1 x 6Y8-82521-11 Pigtail Bus Wire + 1 x 6Y8-83553-01 System Power Supply Wire.

According to your messages I understand IŽd be needing just an additional Pigtail Bus Wire for the 2nd gauge and NO additional main bus wire to connect to multi hub at console and to hub at transom of boat sinceI already have that one i.e. 1 x 6Y8-83553-01 System Power Supply Wire?

IŽm not sure what "hub at transom" really means, is this an additional hub IŽll be needing to purchase or it is just a hub already available within the engine, or just the 10pin harness on the controls?

I understand IŽll need to purchase speed and water pressure sensors, this is OK.

Would you have a wiring diagram so I can se this more clearly? Ideally IŽd like to order these items from your website immediately.

Thanks again and apologies if IŽve been a bit unclear.

Cheers from Mauritius Island

Comment

If you didn't buy the kit then you will need an inline hub(hub at transom), 6Y8-81920-11-00 and a 9FT pigtail bus wire to connect inline hub to engine.
            Also need 6Y8-8356N-01-00 Fuel sender/GPS lead for speedo.
            Will need to get protective caps for any unused ports on multi hub.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

my personal F150 has a hub at the transom. I rigged it in 07.
              now I use a longer main and dont use a transom hub.
              its not needed.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt17.

At this stage I think a wiring diagram would help me a lot!

Boats.net I read in previous threads that you are able to email such diagram, could I pls have a copy?

Comment

Here is diagram,
                  6Y8_Wiring.pdf
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Awesome !

This makes things much much easier, many thanks once again boats.net !

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                      Here is diagram,
                      [ATTACH]835[/ATTACH]
                      Hi,

The extension wire harness (#7) from controls to engine in above mentioned diagram confuses me. This seems to be a 16 pin extension wire harness (#6Y8-82553-xx-00?) that connects directly from within the engine to the controls (?) and not a 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) that goes onto the multi hub instead, as you both mention in the previous posts.

The controls shown in the diagram look like the digital one for the F350 by the way... I have bought myself the 704 binnacle controls and these doesn't seem to come with a 16 pin extension wire harness (to be confirmed since I havenŽt reception these yet).

I found another Command Link wiring diagram online which claims, same as you, that a 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) is to be connected between the engine and the multi hub DEVICE output. This look to me as an older wiring diagram meant for the ROUND Yamaha gauges though, in any case it supports your theory:

Yamaha Command Link Electrical Diagram (Part1)

Grateful if you could help me clarify this...

To summarize:

1) I plan to connect each of the 2x SQUARE gauges to the multi hub (into 2x DEVICE buses) using 2x 4 pin pigtail buses (#6Y8-82521-xx-00).

2) IŽll be left with just 1x DEVICE output available within multi hub, which according to your diagram, it is meant to be connected to the 704 controls using a third 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) + then IŽll connect the controls to the engine directly using a 16 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82553-xx-00?).

OR

Simply, IŽll just need to connect a 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) between the multi hub (DEVICE output) directly to the engine. Not sure how the controls are connected to multi hub under this scenario though...

Hope IŽm not making things more difficult than they are, I thought this Command Link would be more straight forward. Thank you anyway for your support !
                      Last edited by Indian Ocean; 04-28-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I think I just got it!

Found enclosed up to date wiring diagram which shows clearly that a 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) goes from multi hub DEVICE output directly into engine ONLY PROVIDED I use a 2nd multi hub at transom.

Since I have just 1 multi hub I intend to connect directly to the engine it looks like IŽll be needing to purchase a 4 pin pigtail bus (#6Y8-82521-xx-00) which IŽll connect to a single hub assy with resistor (part#??) and this one to a 6 pin main bus wire (part#??) all the way to the single multi hub BUS output. Can anyone confirm this final assumption is correct please?

Also, 703/704 controls are wired just to Switch Key Assembly using the standard YBGR cables, as well as to engine using the standard wire harness, so this is fine...

Your diagram confused me, I think it is meant for the F350 Digital controls

Herewith the correct diagram:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Indian Ocean; 04-28-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X