Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Yamhama Oil Alarm

Hello,

I have a Yamaha 130 and the oil injection system has been disabled for 8 years and and the motor has been running fine. Recently a low oil alarm started to go off. The oil tank on the motor is 3/4 full and the float switch seems to operate correctly.

I'm confident the motor is not overheating because:

-I just replaced the water pump and thermostats
    -The block is cool to the touch
    -The Tach flashes with an Oil Alarm indicator

I unplugged the blue and red wire going into the Oil Sensor and noticed when I touch that wire to a positive power source the alarm stops. I touched it to the positive wire coming from my battery. I thought an easy solution would be to just wire this blue/red wire to the positive power coming from the battery but when I do that my gauges power up, even with the key switch off, so this is not a good solution.

This is my basic question: Is there an easy way to disable the low oil alarm since in my case it is a false alarm??

Thanks!

Don't know what model 130 you have, if the no oil light(left light or bar on tach) is on then oil level in engine oil tank is below lower line on tank or have a bad sensor. You shouldn't have connected wires to 12 volts, you may have damaged sensors, oil control module or wiring so I'm not sure what you all is bad now.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I believe my issue is neither an overheat alarm nor oil alarm. I did continutiy testing on both the tempature sensor switches and the oil sensor float switch and all passed continuity testing. Both temperature sensors and oil float switch sensor are unplugged but I'm still getting the alarm, therefore I think bad wiring is to blame.

I've ordered a new key switch and new wiring harness, so I'm waiting to test with those. Hopefully those will solve the issue.

Comment

If anyone else is interested, a new Key Switch Panel (P/N 704-82570-08-00) fixed my issue, so it was neither an oil alarm nor an overheat alarm. Bad/corroded wiring in the old key switch panel was causing the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X