X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrankCase

Rebuilding a 94 C75TLRS Out Board

Removed Intake
    Took out all bolts and Nuts connecting both sides of CC.
    Does not seem to be a Gasket Seperating Both sides of CC,

Tried "Gentle/Firm" Push. No Luck!

How to Seperate the 2 Sides to access the Crankshaft to inspect for Damage?

TKS

MM

PS: Noticed four areas along seem between two sides that seems like notched for something!!!!

As long as all the bolts are out just use those notches to break loose.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

TKS.

Kind of expected so.

Only question is HOW to use those 4 side notches/indentations.

Already tried inserting a large Flat head Screw driver in 1 notch at a time and twisted it. Then tried hit it with a rubber mallet and a 20 oz hammer. can see screw head scratching metal. But no -not even a hair line crack opened at the seem.

Thought to seek advise before I hit it harder and cause unwanted dammage -just in case there is a need for any spercial tool or somekind of "trick of the trade" secret to work on all 4 notches simoltaniously there.

MM

Comment

May have to use a rubber mallet on housing or against crankshaft to get loose.
        Last edited by boats.net; 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

TKS for Followup.

My 1st OB Job!!!

Thought the 16 horizontal Studs and 2 Nuts are all there was to remove. WRONG.

Ended up:
          1- Removed the Magnetto and took out the 3 Vertical Studs Going down.
          2- Decided to remove the Bottom Cover and the Block's 6 Studs. Still, Neither Motor nor Case cover will come out- Easily!
          3- Looked way down below and saw a hard to see and get a hold on small Vertical Stud -going upward. STILL struggling with it -can only get 1/32 of a turn when my wrench is lucky enough to grab it. no ratchet wrench or socket can get to it. I'll leave for Tomorrow morning -patience is imparative.

Anymore surprises (tricks of the trade) to expect before I can inspect the Shaft????

TKS
          MM

Comment

Working...
          X