Z150TXRB Loosing Power 4200 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z150TXRB Loosing Power 4200 rpm

I own a 2003 150 HPDI. I have 140 dash hour meter. I has been gradually loosing power. The boat is Hydra-Sport Bay Bolt 1900. When runny good it is awesome. The first clue. One day while powering up to a plane, I though I had dropped a cylinder. I pulled the cover checked the wiring. OK. Then it ran fine. This has occurred more and more frequently. Last Sat. I couldn't get any more than 4200 rpm and that came very slowly even though I throttled up 100%. Yamaha dealer/repair put a computer on it. Everything checked out OK. The lap top showed only 40 engine hours. I have never had it worked on. He asked if I had the computer replaced. Now the repair is looking to injector problems. They have questioned if trash is in the fuel tank. Boat new in June of 2003. I'm concerned that it may be a computer problem. I have difficulty thinking that injector problems would rectify themselves periodically. When it runs good it is wonderful. The periodic losses of power has been getting more frequent. Last trip it never improved. Help,

Make sure the O2 sensor is tested, it will cause the engine to lose rpm's and have a hesitation.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hello member 43. I just picked the boat up from being repaired. The injectors were somewhat fouled. The main culprit was a brand new plug purchased from them was not firing. Thursday I will take it out looking for some trout and red fish.

The big question is about the computer???? My dash hour meter registers 140 actual hours. The computer printout says the motor has only been run 50 hours. The repair has made note of the discrepancy and has contacted Yamaha. If it runs good great. My top speed RPMs are about 5200. They recommend I change props. A little pricey. I know some guys love the go fast and this boat will but I usually run around 32 to 37 hundred RPMs. Couldn't I get additional cup put into the prop and accomplish the same thing much cheaper?

Comment

sure ,your prop shop can cup it, even push the pitch up a couple for you also.

Comment

Working...
        X