Flush Mount Starboard Side Console Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Mount Starboard Side Console Control

Okay, here is my dilemma. I recently purchased a 1999 Yamaha Saltwater Series II 200 hp motor. I am trying to track down controls, tachs, etc. and I have a big obstacle I need to overcome. My previous control box was flush mounted starboard side on my console, as the helm is also mounted on the right side of my console, allowing no room for a top mount control. Therefore, the issue is the Evinrude control was mounted very close to the back of the console. After looking at the manual for the 6XO it doesn't look like it would work, since it would have to be mounted port side of the console to be push to open. Even if I switched it to pull to open, it wouldn't have enough room on the inside of the console. Is there a control box Yamaha sells that is flush mounted, has the controls connect to the front of the internal control box, and can be mounted starboard side?
    Last edited by fishinfool; 04-07-2012, 10:21 PM.

[ATTACH]819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]820[/ATTACH]

Comment

The 6X0 control can be used on port or starboard side mounting.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

So when the 6X0 is mounted on the starboard side, the throttle and the shift cables hookup up in the front of the control box. There wouldn't be any clearance issues if this mounted to the back of the console?

Comment

If I did go with the 6X0, what else would I need to complete this setup? Would I have to order the trim/tilt harness, 10 pin harness, and key ignition as well?

Comment

Working...
          X