Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I took my boat to the river today. Well I was running around 40mph and my engine just totally locked up and shut down. I found that the #3 piston was shattered that caused the engine to lock up. What i have is a 2000 vx225tlry,i hope someone knows if they have piston sleeves or not,otherwise I won't be able to do anything with it for a few years. Due to the fact I am disabled (fighting a brain tumor) and on a fixed income, so i can't see replacing the power-head. that is way out of my price range. if someone knows the answer please respond to this post

Yamaha offers .50mm oversize pistons. There are aftermarket sleeves available that your machine shop can get.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do not forget that repairing the power head should also include looking for and fixing what caused it to destroy that piston.

Comment

The piston/sleeve replacement won't be an easy or cheap repair...good bit of expertise and labor time involved that would run the price up, well beyond the price of the parts. Best to determine what caused this failure, or it could well happen again, after repairs! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X