Fuel issues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel issues???

Motor(2006 OX 66 200 HP YAM) was running great for about 20 miles. All of a sudden she started missing. Stopped the boat and started looking for issues.
    Found we were not getting fuel from the tanl(22 ft Nautic Star)

We were able to by pass pickup tube and we were able to get fuel to the engine. When we were running she would start stalling at about 3300 RPMs or half throttle.

Any suggestions on where to start??

I am thinking of running the motor off of a 6 gallon tank of fresh gas. But first should I change any filters?? I se the one on the side of the motor, are there any others?? Should I drain the fuel out of the tank on the motor by removing the brass bolt??

Someone mentioned the motor going into a safe mode??? How do you reset this?

The issue with the fuel tank. Has anyone else had issues with their pick up tube before??? Hopefully it is a flexible tube that will allow it to be pulled out of the tank( about 2 inches of clearance above the tank to the deck)

HELP!!!!!!

Have you tested fuel pressures or had it hooked up to a computer yet like we said in the other thread?

That will tell you what your problems are so you can repair it with out throwing parts and money at it and hoping

Comment

Change/clean any and all filter/screens on the engine; then if you run it off a portable tank with fresh fuel and it runs well, then your problem lies from the tank to your engine connection.

Comment

sounds like a dirty VST filter, try draining tank first

Comment

Where is the VST filter? I see the filter on the side of the motor. The VST tank or the fuel tank. To drain the VST would mean to take the brass screw out on the bottom? But where is the VST filter? If I can get it running fine on the 6 gallon tank after draining the filters my next move would be draining the main tank and seeing what is happening there.

Is there any schematic of the filters on the VST?

Thanks

Comment

I finally pulled the VST filter out and it was disgusting. I have atached a picture of the filter before and after. The weather here has been horrible. Is this the only filter with the VST?
            Hope to be able to run it in the next few days. Very easy to get to on this motor. The o-ring gasket was a pain to get back in, I had to wait for it to shrink. I will have a new one ready next time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X