Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet rib - Superjet oil pump / Adustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet rib - Superjet oil pump / Adustment?

Hi
    First time ive used this site so appologies for any errors in advance!

I have just brought a Zodiac jet rib - I beleive its a Yamaha Superjet power unit. (dont know wht year?)
    The engine smokes heavily on Idle and starts to hunt due to to much oil. Its ok when its opened up!
    There seems to be a crank driven oil pump that has two outlet pipes to the carbs.

My question is - Is it possible to adjust the Oil fuel mixture, I need to lean it off.

Dont want to go to premix - Kids use it and they would not premix correctly!

Thanks in advance for any help given

Ade

I looked up Yamaha Superjet and got
    The Superjet is a personal watercraft (PWC) made by Yamaha Motor Corporation. The Superjet is a "stand-up" PWC.

And it listed them as premix all the way up to 2010

You probably need to list some model # and make sure of what you have

Outboards have linkage that if it comes off will make oil go full output all the time

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      The jet rib is way older than 2010 ( I reckon 10 years old)
      I have found identical oil pumps for sale on eBay stating they fit superjet 701cc stand ups. also I have seen blanking plates for sale for those that wish to remove the pump and go to premix.

It's defiantly a 2 cylinder 2 stroke jet yamaha - fitted as standard by Zodiac ribs of France.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ade

Comment

Like I said if you post the model and serial #s someone might have an idea of what motor and jet you have and be able to help

Comment

Working...
        X