2011 90 Four Stroke Tachometer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 90 Four Stroke Tachometer Issue

I have a practically brand new 90 four stroke with tachometer issues. When you start engine, the tach jumps and then stays at zero. Motor is in the shop for over two weeks. New tach, wiring, regulator have been replaced. did not fix. Shop is calling Yamaha on Monday. Has anyone seen this issue? I bought Yamaha for because of it's know reliability. So far, I have not seen it. Only used boat and motor 4 times last year.

Seen aftermarket tachs do that and replacing tach normally solves it. Yamaha should be able to get it resolved for you.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tachometer issues

that was my hope but dealer has replaced three tachs and they all do the same thing. Just disappointed as last year I had to wait four months to get a 90 four stroke due to the Tsunami in Japan.

Comment

Yamaha 90 Four Stroke Tachometer Issue

Yamaha factory Rep was sent to work on my motor. He found that the problem was a bad motor wiring harness. Hope no one else runs into this issue. This may have been a one time issue but I wanted to update this posting in the event someone else experiences a similar issue.

Comment

Working...
        X