help w/ thrust washer on f115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help w/ thrust washer on f115

09 F115. Doing maintenance on new to me boat and noticed prop sits about 1/4" from housing. I pull the prop off and find the thrust washer loose. Not only is it loose it seems like it would take some tapping to get it seated again. Is it normal it has to be forced somewhat? Kinda new to me....thanks!!!

Also most of the pieces are black with carbon which seems odd on such a new boat - could that be due to the thrust washer being unseated?

Last edited by ckone0814; 03-22-2012, 08:30 PM.

You're lucky, usually the thrust washer is seized. The prop is stitting where it should be.

Normal maintenance is a thin film of grease before you re-install the washer and prop. Good idea to pull the prop at least once a season and check for fishing line. It can damage the seal.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Thanks BB.

Motor has 16 hrs on it and as I said everything was coated black from exhaust. The thrust washer had quite a bit of greasy black gunk behind it. Is that normal? Picture shows trust washer after I cleaned it up.

Comment

Engine may have been run for a long time in a test tank. Need to grease washers and shaft splines and torque prop nut to 40 ft lbs.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X