300 HPDI oil issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 HPDI oil issues

I'd really appreciate any help on this. 2004/5 300 hpdis. A few weeks ago I got an alarm from the port motor, oil warning. Turned out that the engine oil tank wasn't being fed, or as it turned out it was being fed intermittently. Bled lines, emptied remote tanks and checked for junk, new filter. Well, took her out yesterday, started doing it again, same thing. Then while limping in on one motor the starboard motor started doing the same thing.

My question is, how could they both have the problem at the same time? I can think of no common part between the two motors that could be causing the problem. Two completely separate systems as far as I know. Is this just a crazy coincidence?

Do you have Yamaha tach with oil indicators, which oil bar are on?
    Need to test oil sensor in engine oil tank and the sensor on boat oil tank, Does the oil transfer pump in boat oil tank run if activate emergency toggle switch on engine(with ignition key on)? if not test transfer pump and wiring between engine and transfer pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

All of the bars are showing on the tach. There definitely isn't any oil being transferred to the engine tanks and the emergency toggle isn't working on either. Read that a problem with the trim sender may cause the system to shut down thinking that the motors are trimmed all the way up. Going to check that next. Any experiences with this?

Comment

Trim sender wont affect an 2004 motor, need to check wiring to transfer pump and transfer pump to see if will run connected to a 12 volt battery.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X