How to flush 2006 F250 4 stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flush 2006 F250 4 stroke?

I currently flush using the the flush device on the motor. I currently do not run it when I do this and it will eventually push water out of the pee hole. Is this the proper way. I have had people tell me you can run it at idle doing this. I also have friends that still use the ear muffs and run the engine at idle.

What is the correct way to do this and for how long.

Thanks

Shouldn't run it on fresh water flusher on engine cowling, can use ear muff style to run it. I use both when running it to make sure get enough water to keep it cool and enough water to water pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The Yamaha owners manual says NOT to run the motor if using the hose fitting on the motor to flush it. You have to use the "muffs" around the gearcase water inlet screens if you want to run the motor.

Comment

My boat is on a mooring and tap water pressure is not strong enough to flush motor using muffs on my 2010 F150 4 stroke therefore I use the fresh water attachment for 15 minutes (as per instructions) to flush my motor after each use with the motor NOT RUNNING - my boat operates 100% of the time in salt water.

With other motors I had no trouble using the muffs but apparently with the F150 and other large engines you need good tap water pressure to flush with muffs. At first I had the idea in my head that using the fresh water attachment to flush the motor would be inadequate but I am comfortable about it now.

I have just had the 100 hour service done and had the leg dropped to inspect the impeller and it was in nearly brand new condition, internals around the water pump were very clean which made me confident that the fresh water attachment flush was adequate and works well.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
        X