Water pressure gauge 2006 F250 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure gauge 2006 F250 4 stroke

I just purchased a 2006 22 ft Nautic Star Bay boat with a 250 Yamaha 4 stroke. I just replaced the water pump a couple of days ago assuming it had never been done before. My problem is with the water pressure gauge. It was not working and here is what I have done so far;

1. Inspected the gauge(not Yamaha) and disconnected the water hose and blew into the gauge by mouth. I only registered a couple of pounds by doing this. Used compressed air and pegged the gauge(it returned to 0).
    2. found kinks in lines going to the motor caused by electrical tie wraps.
    3. after smoothing out kinks I was able to get air through the hose.
    4. The connection where the hose attaches to the engine was completely clogged. Cleaned that out and replaced it.
    5. reconnected everything and ran the motor in a large tub. Water came out of pee hole but the gauge hardly moved at idle. Was not able to run due to the bad weather.

Questions
    1. What should be a good or normal reading on the gauge at idle, 1/2 speed and full throttle?
    2. should I replace the hose due to the kinks in the line( i have smoothed them out for now)
    3. the gauge is manufactured by BH Electronics ( is this a good gauge? it is part of a cluster(RPM, SPEED, TRIM, AND FUEL).

Mininum water pressure at WOT is 11 psi but at idle wont usually see any pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What is WOT??

Comment

Wide open throttle
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help