Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way off topic .....

Hey Fellow Yamaha Owners,

Hurricane Rita is approaching the Texas Coast ..... I believe some of you are coastal Texas residents ..... Get yourself and your Yamaha out of the path of this storm!!!

The Weather Channel just reported that Rita is among the third strongest Hurricane reported in the Atlantic Basin!

Good luck, Texas

tripleb,
    Yeah, I'm starting to get a little nervous - if the current projected path is accurate, we will only get about 70 mph winds here at Beaumont.
    But if that bad boy (excuse me, bad girl) slows and turns more north - we're packing up getting out of here.
    Good luck to my fellow Texans that are down the coast a bit - looks like they are going to get hit pretty hard. Galveston is only 17 feet above sea level at it's highest point. Katrina's surge was at least 35 feet, and this storm is just as strong.
    God speed to all,
    Ken K

Comment

Hey Ken,

Yep, thought you were in Texas ..... I am on the FL coast near Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area ..... about 8 miles inland. Rita scares me as did Katrina and I have lived here all my life! Been through Eloise, Erin, and Opal ..... more recently Dennis and Ivan.

Be carefull and stay safe.

Comment

yes, good luck to all coastal texans, my sister keeps their boat at port aransas and last night were going there to strap it down(165 mph?) myself, ill be watching usauctions for some good boat deals.

Comment

Yes, Texans have shown that they have a big heart after Katrina, But I dont think Rita is taken that into account. Good luck all, and stay safe.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hey Ken,

Just heard on TWC that the storm surge could reach Beaumont ..... Good Luck!

Comment

tripleb - and all,
              Yeah, the weather experts can't make up their minds where Rita is going, but right now it's headed for Port Arthur, which is just south of Beaumont.
              As the crow flies, I am forty miles from the Gulf of Mexico - and 31 feet above sea level. The storm surge won't be a problem for us here, but the winds could reach 120+.
              We spent most of the day boarding up and preparing to ride this one out, but I think we will cut and run in the morning.
              Hope to be back on the forum in a couple of days, God willing.
              Good luck to all,
              Ken K

Comment

Might wanna pack a few gas containers. According to the new folks are running out of gas, and there's none available along the way.

Comment

Ken--I know I'm curious as to how well you weathered the storm. Rita went right through your hometown of Beaumont. Hope to hear a post from you soon and hope all is going as well as possible.

Comment

Hey Ken,

I also certainly hope that you are well ..... I am certain that you are out of power and as such, are not able to post on this forum.

As a Gulf Coast resident, I can feel your pain and hope the best for you and family.

Comment

Working...
                    X