Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the "seal dust" oring on trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the "seal dust" oring on trim?

Hello to all..
    I have a question on how to change the 6H1-43812-00-00 YAMAHA SEAL,DUST $6.15 (seal dust) oring on my power tilt trim.. I have a Yamaha F80 2002 year..

I have a trim "on my desk" but I don't know on how to extract the old one seal dust and replace it with new..

Thank you for any info!

regards

Have to remove ram from cylinder, the trim piston unscrews off ennd of ram but will need a good soft jawed vise to unscrew without damaging it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok..
      [IMG][/IMG]

If I understand you, I must remove the part from the trim shaft signed with number one? In my case I can remove the part 1 with hand (unscrew)...

What then? I must remove the "cap" with four holes? I can make a key with 4 screws to release the cap...

Comment

Yes you will need the spanner wrench(call boats.net to order the tool) to fit into the four holes to unscrew cap, then can remove trim ram from cylinder.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok..
          If remove the cap is there some danger for the oil to come out from the cylinder? Must I remove the oil before this operation?

Comment

Open the manual release screw to relieve pressure(may not completely relieve all the pressure) and after remove cap can pour oil out around ram to remove ram.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok.. the screw is located at the botom left side right?
              Thank you!

Comment

Yes it is.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                  Have to remove ram from cylinder, the trim piston unscrews off ennd of ram but will need a good soft jawed vise to unscrew without damaging it.
                  Hi fello boaties. I have a 60feto 1988 6h2-L-454159 with 6h1-10 tilt- trim, when I removed the ram arm and piston, I found the piston had a small pin that seemed to lock the arm in the piston, so I removed it and a small ball bearing came out. is this normal, and does the ram arm unscrew from the piston here, ??? Thanks, My first visit on Boats.net. I hope Iam in the right place for this question. Capbrut

Comment

the trim system on the f80-f100 is the MOST difficult system to repair that yamaha makes.
                    certain speacial tools are a MUST.
                    its a two part ram sytem with 6 check balls and to replace the wiper requires total dissasembly of the ram assy.
                    the dust seal isnt your problem, the cap inner oring and back up ring and possibly a scored shaft is your problem.
                    you really really will need at least 2 special tools and a service manual.
                    yb-06175-2b and yb-06572 are mandatory tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X