Engine cutting out????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cutting out????

2005 hpdi 225, unload the boat and on initial take off it comes out of the hole, it will cut out and then continue coming up to speed but will start losing rpm's. I will come off pad check priming ball and pump it up. Try to come up again and it will maybe do 2 or 3000 rpms. If you press the gas more it just starts cutting out. I hae changed the filter on the side of the eng, checked for air leaks, none found. however i cans see air at times in the water/fuel seperator(maybe an inch). I have chased this for a week now. Exact same everytime. Someone suggested Coils? Any ideas? How can I check the coils or should I keep chasing air leaks. Any and all ideas would be helpful.

Need to run a compression test, need to have fuel low, med and high pressure tested to see if losing fuel pressure, need to run a fuel vacumn test to see have a fuel restriction or air leak in fuel supply.
    Last edited by boats.net; 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Sounds like my boat is doing the same thing.

I have a 2005 Yamaha 200 HPDI with approx 200 hours. Boat was in storage for 2 years running fine. Pulled it out of storage, took it to shop and had mechanics go through the motor. Shop reccomended 100 hour service, drain the fuel, change filters, fluids, etc. I agreed and they serviced the boat.

Boat sat for 6 weeks - I dropped it in the water today and started right up, idled perfect and sounded great. When I went to go on plain the motor reved up and then shut down, reved back up and shut back down. Like a rev limiter. Boat never got on plain, took it back to dock and brought it home.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Comment

did anyone ever figure out this acceleration problem? im having the exact issue

Comment

Working...
        X