Synchronization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronization?

When setting the air/fuel carb adjustments on my 1994, 50hp, how do I know that each of the 3 carbs is sucking the right amount of air/fuel? Is there a tool for this?

When tuning a multicarb sports car, there used to be a suction meter that you placed over each carb that got you pretty close on the air intake. Do outboards have something similar? Thanks in advance!

Not for a 2 stroke engine, four strokes use a vacumn sync meter to set throttle plates.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You know, I often wondered if I should use my uni-syn that I used on my old TR3 and RoverTC. I am in the process of rebuilding the three carbs on my 60horse and will do the sync and link as per the manual. But then I think I might just play with the Uni-syn. I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who has used them on outboards as well.

Comment

Not familiar with it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Another option is to use a stereoscope, but than again that is all in the ear of the user. Factory settings just put you in the ball park but time and usage can alter those settings and give you false readings.

I also used the vacuum tester to tune earlier sports cars specifically my MG-TD and also an Opel GT. Seems like they would also be applicable to outboards.

Comment

Working...
          X