Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 90AETO Trim Problem

Hi All,

I have noticed over the past few months my engine slowly drops once trimmed up. Eg if I fully trim the engine up within 5 minutes it lost it's pressure and has dropped to the lowered position.

Any ideas of what could be wrong and what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Remove and check manual release valve is in good shape and make sure to tighten when reinstall it, if still leaks down then have an internal valve leaking.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You have to troubleshoot your tilt trim system on your motor. First I would try and bleed the air out of the system. Tilt motor up, then, release manual screw and allow motor to drop. Lift the motor up manually by hand and do again. If you unscrew the filler screw for the reseviour you will hear the air escaping as you undo. If this doesn't work, you go to a leak inside the system, which is hard to find. Mine was leaking from a rear manual release screw, which had corroded up. I had to take the engine off to find the problem and muck around with the circlip and housing. Fixed it up but still not confident, seems to be working ok. For your info.

Comment

Working...
      X