OX66 Wiring (revisited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Wiring (revisited)

As stated in an earlier thread - wiring a single 225 (2002) OX66. 2 batteries connected through a standard Perko selector switch (1,2,Both). The Yamaha battery wiring harness has a heavy and light gauge wire to the batteries from the engine. The previous owner of this motor had the two wires connected to the common lug of his battery switch. Based on the multitude of threads on the Yamaha Aux. Charging Circuit I'm more confused than ever. Can I hook them both up to the common lug on the Perko switch and thus receive full output or will that confuse the outboard and reek havoc on the charging system? Should I hook up the main wire to the common lug and the lighter wire via a fuse or breaker to the "house" battery? Many threads mention a "BlueSea switch". I really do not want to remove my Perko switch as it has been flawless for over10 years. Sorry to be so long winded but I have just spent about two hours reading years worth of threads on this topic. Thanks for the help. Mitch

Connect the aux battery lead to second battery and use a 50 amp fuse or circuit breaker then run motor with Perko set on number 1 and both batteries will be charged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X