Fuel pump diaphragm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump diaphragm

Hello. I have a 70 hp 1999 2 stroke autolube. I have just purchased a new diaphragm kit for it. The excsiting pump has a plastic diaphragm with no spring in it. The new kit has a rubber diaphragm and a spring. Can you give me any info if the new one is correct. I fitted the new kit to my engine but when i put it into gear the engine stalls 9 times out if 10 as if the fueling is wrong. Does any one know if the plastic diaphragm vetsion with no spring is correct. I cannot see how the plastic us able to stretch like the rubber one Many thanks.

1999 70TLRX Yamaha Outboard FUEL Diagram and Parts

Comment

fuel pump diaphragm

thanks for the response that was a great help. i have also fitted an inline fuel filter and water seperater the large cartridge type. i was told to remove the filter which is on the engine as it good make the engine run lean as the fuel is being slowed down twice does any one know if this correct. many thanks

Comment

it is not true keep the onboard filter also. As long as the filters are in good shape it will be fine.
        The fuel pump should be able to handle that, you can always hook up a vacuum gauge at the pump to test how much vacuum it is sucking. That will tell you now and later if something is plugging up and needs attention when tested again.

Comment

Fuel pump

Thanks for the info. Do you what the difference is between a plastic diaphragm compared to a rubber diaphragm I was supplied. I cannot see how the plastic one can stretch as much as a rubber one. When I was supplied the rubber diaphragm It also came with what I imagine is a return spring. The old plastic diaphragm did not have a return spring. When I fitted the rubber one with a spring it did not like accelerating it kept stalling when I went to accelerate. It started and idled fine though. Thanks

Comment

your best bet is to buy a new OEM fuel pump

Comment

Working...
            X