Am I on the right track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I on the right track?

I have noticed a problem with my SX225 and here is what i'm thinking and wonder if i'm on the right path.
    When we leave in the morning to fish the air is cooler and the motor runs fine but when we come back in the air temp has risen and it will sometimes miss and run rich.
    What i'm thinking is maybe the intake air temp sensor, what do you guy's think?
    1987 Pursuit 2200
    2001 Yamaha SX225TXRZ, 1987 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker

what maintenance has been done to motor ??

Comment

Originally posted by Inpursuit View Post
      I have noticed a problem with my SX225 and here is what i'm thinking and wonder if i'm on the right path.
      When we leave in the morning to fish the air is cooler and the motor runs fine but when we come back in the air temp has risen and it will sometimes miss and run rich.
      What i'm thinking is maybe the intake air temp sensor, what do you guy's think?
      There are other ways to find out what is wrong with these newer motors than guessing and throwing parts at them.
      Get it hooked up to a computer with proper software and see what the problem is before replacing parts, it should show something out of spec. if there is a problem, but some one will need to be able to interpret the readings. That is why they get the big bucks

Comment

Working...
      X