Yamaha 1991 200hp Tilt stop lever repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 1991 200hp Tilt stop lever repair

I have recently ordered and received the parts to replace the rusted tilt stop levers on my 200 tlrp. After removing the completely rusted mechanism I am having a difficult time putting it back together and am hoping there is someone out there that has made this repair in the past and has some tips. A few issue I am having is reinstalling the nylon bushing part #34 on the inside bracket. There is limited space and I am not sure if I need to remove the main tilt piston pin to swing it out of the way to get more room. Also I’m not sure how to reinstall the roll pins #36, are they punched back into place or is there some type of tool use to reinstall them. Thank you for any assistance and tips as I’m fighting the urge to take it to the shop.

tilt lever

Looking at the parts fisch for the engine, it appears to just have two bushings, each pushed in from both sides. It doesn't show a roll pin, but roll pin's generally just tap in. If you can get it started and if need be, use an 3/8" extension as it'll be tight getting in there. If the bushing is that tight, there's probably some corrosion in there that needs cleaning out..

You may have to put all your information in again to see the diagram..

Yamaha OEM Parts ? Outboards, Outboard Motors)
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X