25hp Compatible parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25hp Compatible parts???

Hello all.....1st time posting here, very informative place yall have here.

My boys have a '07 Yamaha 25hp 2 stroke with manual start so the flywheel has no ring gear (teeth), I'd like to convert it to Elect start by adding flywheel with ring gear. Here's the deal.....when I look up the part # for the '07 model it gives a listing of motors it's compatible with which is a whole listing of year models but does not list a '01. Well I found a flywheel with ring gear in a '01 model, when I pull up that part # for the '01 it list the '07 as being compatible.
    This is a $800-$900 part new that I've found for $50 used in good condition. Thinking I might bite the bullet & get it, but does anyone have any clue

'07 Yamaha Part #6L2-85550-10-00
    '01 Yamaha Part #6L2-85560-10-00

Thanks
    WT

from 2000 to 2005 they do not even list an electric start 25 2 stroke that I can see

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      from 2000 to 2005 they do not even list an electric start 25 2 stroke that I can see
      I know........but the 2001 flywheel I was looking at getting has teeth on it.

Comment

So you think it is from a 2001 25 hp 2 stroke that they did not make?

Comment

Well I could be wrong, It has been known. But have a lookie here

2001 25MSHZ3 Yamaha Outboard Parts

I'm pretty sure this is a 2001 25 hp and this picture shows an electrically operated starter with all the related parts

2001 25MSHZ3 Yamaha Outboard STARTING MOTOR FOR ER EH Diagram and Parts

Comment

You should be able to convert that engine to both electric/manual start. Buying everything piecemeal can prove to be expensive. Depending on where you live, look around for outboard salvagers and try to get everything at once. You should be able to buy a trashed engine for less the the 800$ you seem prepared to spend. Remember besides the flywheel you will need at the least, a rectifier, ignition switch, starter relay,with all the related wiring and of course a battery. You probably already have a lighting coil, but make sure. I'm sure your boys will appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Well I bought it. If it works great if not I'm out $50. So no big deal. Thanks for the replys.
              I just recently converted a manual start to Elec start on a 4 stroke 15hp Tohatsu for just a tad over $200, I had (made) my own leads & flywheel already had ring gear. Factory set up was over $600!!!

Comment

Use this diagram for electrical parts that will work on your model motor, 2006 and Later 2-stroke 25ELH Yamaha Outboard Parts
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Very confusing on the electric start parts listed in manual start diagram.
                  Hope it all works out for you. Maybe where you picked up the flywheel has some of the other parts needed for your conversion.

Comment

Working...
                  X