175 hpdi shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 hpdi shut down

this is my first problem with my 2006 175 hp hpdi. Im going across the lake when the engine just instantly stops for about 2 seconds, then picks up again and runs perfectly.
    It does this again later today but this time it shuts down for 3=4 seconds then runs perfectly.
    The third time it hesitates for a second or so, X 3 then runs perfectly the rest of the day.
    Any one have any ideas.; electronic brain, fuel filter, water in fuel, all have come to mind.

sounds like a possible fuel issue to me..you need to replace all filters, clean out your VST chamber and the filter in the bottom of your high pressure fuel pump..send your injectors off to be cleaned and flow tested. or just take it to your local dealer so they can hook it up to a computer and monitor fuel pressures and check for trouble codes...unfortunately these EFI/DI motors have almost done away with the shade tree mechanic. so unless you are willing to invest in a computer program and cable to hook up to your laptop, and then spend days/weeks/months learning how to test each sensor..took me about 2 months to figure out my 2003 F115..I got it running good and sold it as quick as I could..got me a carbbed motor now. so the best I could tell you would be the suggestions in the beginning sentences. you could do spark check and compression check..but I doubt that is your problem.

Comment

Working...
    X