TnT acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TnT acting up

I have a 99' yamaha c90 tlrx. I noticed last year that the tnt sounded like it was strugling a bit. When I uncovered to check it out the other day it wouldnt move. It sounds like the motor is binding. I checked all hinge points and loosened the manual release. It will move by hand but when I hit the switch it just clicks and doesnt sound like the motor has enough juice to move it. FYI the motor is new from last year. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a dead battery or bad battery or cable connection.
    A voltmeter will help troubleshoot the problem

Comment

After you have checked/corrected your battery and cable connections as 99yam40 has suggested, should the problem still exist I have found that one of the handiest tools for sorting out problems like this is an inductive ammeter. You can get them in a few configurations, but basically you just need one that reads fairly low amperage up to say 100amps Place it over the wires that go down to the trim motor and press the switch. I don't know the specs for your engine, but it probably shouldn't be more then 15 amps initially and then dropping after the cylinders start to move. If you are getting a higher draw then that and the cylinders are not moving, then your problem is with motor or the hydraulics. One other thing to consider, each time you activate the electrical circuit sparks, however small, arc between the brushes and the commutator, these arcs leave deposits on the commutator that normally are wiped off as the armature rotates. If the armature does not turn these deposits are not cleaned off and may actually "weld" the brushes to the commutator, preventing further rotation.

Comment

Working...
      X