Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke stator question

Hi folks ,
    I am new to this forum would appreciate to find an answer to my question . I have on my RIB a 90hp 2 stroke Yamaha from 1999 .
    This motor has a problem with the stator . A test with a stator which I could borrow from the UK was successfull and the engine worked fine .
    Shocked by the price of a new stator here in Germany ( 800,-€ !!! ) I found a used stator in the US .
    I tried it but the engine does not work with it . The engine starts but as soon I apply some load it dies ..
    Now I found a company which can rewind the 2 charging spools of the stator .
    Can somebody tell me the specs ( resistance ) of the 2 charging spools between :

- red / blue
    - red / brown

Your response it highly appreciated !
    Thanks in advance - Jürgen

CDI Electronics Practical Outboard Ignition Troubleshooting - page 124

look at page 112 to see if that will help you.

Make sure you are having problems with just one or both charge coil and look at the pulsar coil also

Did you troubleshoot yours with a DVA or peak reading meter to get the voltages and compare them to the minimum voltage specs to make sure what your problems are?
    If so what voltages did you get?

Comment

Hi ,
      Thanks for quick respond !
      So far could not do much of trouble shooting . I am german but working in Ukraine and the boat is located in France ..
      As a matter of fact the engine worked with a "borrowed" stator but not with the original one .
      Also fact that the used stator I received from the US did not work . Resistance red - brown / red blue were withing the specs ..
      Im march I`ll be back in France and will go deeper into the details .

Best regards - Jürgen

Comment

All good - stator repaired and motor works great now

Comment

Working...
        X