2001 200HPDI history of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 200HPDI history of problems

I have twin 2001 200HPDI engines, bought new, that have given me numerous problems over the past 4 years. Within a year, I had replaced some ripped diaphrams in the fuel injection, which lead to gunked up injectors, and apparently everyting associated. 1&1/2 years ago I had to replace the starboard powerhead. Just 3 months ago I have to replace the port powerhead. (Both times, no compression in the 6 cyl). My most recent problem (which I don't have a diagnosis on yet but am assuming either major engine or gear-case related) is that my starboard engine will no longer start.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been this unlucky? or do I have some poorly built but just as expensive engines?

Mine are 700+ hours, flawless.... How many hours are you getting on your motors?

Mike

Comment

Just over 600 hours at this point. The first powerhead went with less than 500 hours.

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

Comment

check with yamaha on this. i had a friend with the same problem and apparently it had something to do with the dealer not changing the oil from the factory when they rigged the boat. even though it was a dealer problem yamaha replaced the powerheads. since then they have run flawlessly. good luck

Comment

Working...
        X