C60 TLRX 1999 electrical problem possible CDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C60 TLRX 1999 electrical problem possible CDI

no or low voltage from cdi #2 cylinder until engine run at high rpms.
    #1 and #3 are fine. Once the #2 starts (voltage from cdi kicks in) it runs great at all rpms and will continue to due so even after the engine turned off for 2-3 hours it will start up fine and run great. When engine is off for 4-6 hours #2 cdi problem occurs again. Has anyone seen symptoms like this
    before.

I checked the pulsar, crank, charging coils and they are ok. Help!!!!

have you swapped coils ?
    tested plug caps ?

Comment

c60 TLRX 1999 Electrical problem possible CDI

Yes, I put in a brand new coil and cap -- problem is very consistent when
      engine is cold only fires on 1 and # 3 cylinder but when I run at higher rpms
      plug starts warming up and eventually #2 runs fine and will stay that way even when I shut the engine off for a few hours it will start up and run great
      on all 3 cylinders but when I shut it off for longer periods I go back to the
      same #2 cylinder problem. Hoping someone has seen this before. Thanks

Comment

I would measure and record the peak voltages on the inputs and outputs of CDI cold and then warmed up to see what is going on.
        Post what you get

Comment

c60 TLRX electrical problem

Met the mechanic at the dock. Murphy's law kicked in and of course when
          he checked the spark it was fine and engine ran like a champ. First time
          this has happened in weeks. I will start it up in the morning and if problem
          is back call the mechanic. He wants to see it when problem is occuring.
          thanks

Comment

problem is the c.d.i. ordered one yesterday. Expensive part!!!!!!!!!!
            thanks for the advice

Comment

What readings did he get on the charge and pulsar coils?
              And what did the CDI outputs come out like?

This info will help others when they are looking for the reason for their problems

Comment

Not sure about the data mechanic did the testing and said it was the c.d.i.

Comment

Working...
                X