Birddog4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birddog4

I'm trying to remove the lower casing that houses the exhaust on a 1995 50 hp Yamaha. I've remove the lower unit and all the top bolts but can't get it off.
    What am I missing?

Originally posted by Birddog4 View Post
    I'm trying to remove the lower casing that houses the exhaust on a 1995 50 hp Yamaha. I've remove the lower unit and all the top bolts but can't get it off.
    What am I missing?
    Did you disconnect the shift rod?

Comment

There is a bolt hiding under the trim anode. Take out that black cover and remove the anode then look for a bolt in that area.

On my motor it is bolts 4 and 9 in this diagram. I think you will find something similiar. 1997 70TLRV Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 2 Diagram and Parts
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog4 View Post
        What am I missing?
        So, in other words you are trying to pull the power head?

Comment

Not really...I have removed the lower unit and have taken all the bolts out from the top of the casing but can;t get the middle casing loose.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. I have the lower unit off with no problem. It's the middle casing that I can't get off. Any thoughts are much appreciated/

Comment

You will need to remove powerhead and motor mounts to get the mid section off the swivel bracket.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X