150 VMAX Surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 VMAX Surging

Would a dirty fuel water seperator filter cause my engine to surge at high rpm(3500-4500) and die when trimming up the engine at the ramp?

more like water made it past there and to VST tank/filter

Comment

fuel filter

there is no vst...i tried to get the fuel filter cup to unscrew but it's pretty stout and i did'nt want to crack the bowl the filter looks clear and clean.

What should I do if water did get past the seperator? I added a ring free shock treatment and I'm replacing the seperator.

Comment

Then remove and clean VST and possible fuel injectors.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If you would post a model # it would help people know what motor and year you have.
          If no VST like you said then is this a carbed motor or are you just confused?

If trimming the motor makes it die then I think it is possibly having a voltage problem.

also May need to monitor fuel pressure/vacuum if it is surging at high RPMs

Comment

150 vmax

This is a 2007 V150LTR VMAX carb'd 2 stroke engine

thank you for any info

Comment

Maybe a 2007 V150TLR VMAX not the 2007 V150LTR VMAX you posted

Monitor the voltage and fuel pressure as I said while problem is happening

Comment

fuel pressure

how do you monitor fuel pressure and voltage while running down the lake?
                thanks for your help

Comment

with a voltmeter and pressure gauge hooked up, helps to have an extra person driving while you monitor the equipment

Comment

Working...
                  X