Yamaha 200 VMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 200 VMAX

My speedometer does not work. I was told to unclog the two holes in the lower unit. I tried with water preasure but it did not work. What is an easy way to do this? Thank you

The hole you need to unblock enters in the front edge of the gearcas and then goes up inside to the top of the gearcase. It all needs cleaning out. The vertical hole inside is larger and collects all the rubbish. The only way to unblock it properly is to remove the gearbox to clean the vertical hole out. Once the gearbox is off the speedo tube can be pulled off the adaptor. The plastic adaptor can then be unscrewed (10mm spanner). The hole goes down about 8 inches to where the small hole goes out forward. Clean it all out using an air gun. If it is really bad you may need to use a drill bit or metal rod. When you think it is clear pour water in the top , if it runs out of the hole its clear.

Comment

The hole you need to unblock enters in the front edge of the gearcas and then goes up inside to the top of the gearcase. It all needs cleaning out. The vertical hole inside is larger and collects all the rubbish. The only way to unblock it properly is to remove the gearbox to clean the vertical hole out. Once the gearbox is off the speedo tube can be pulled off the adaptor. The plastic adaptor can then be unscrewed (10mm spanner). The hole goes down about 8 inches to where the small hole goes out forward. Clean it all out using an air gun. If it is really bad you may need to use a drill bit or metal rod. When you think it is clear pour water in the top , if it runs out of the hole its clear.

Comment

Mine plugs up all the time because you hit some wood while running. The hole is on the front edge of the lower unit. I can usually take a small drill bit I think I use 5/64 and turn it in there by hand and clean out the blockage. Sometimes if its to hard to turn by hand then I get out the drill motor and clear it that way. Becareful not to break the drill bit off in there thats a pain in the ass to get out . You can unhook the hose under the hood and blow it out with air but be careful there too because you can blow the hose off down in the lower unit and then it has to come off to hook it back up. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X