2011 four stroke 40 efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 four stroke 40 efi

i was wondering if you guys could help me out. i have a 40 yamaha and it just don't seem to have the get up and go as most motors Ive owned. i was wondering what if they had programmers our,performance injectors or something of that nature. to give it some more power. i have already tried a bunch of different props and it stays the same.

No I'm not aware of any high performance parts available. Is it a heavy boat or under powered?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Check out what this site says about a set up like yours.
      Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards
      If you can not get the same performance out of your boat and motor then your motor needs attention or maybe you have a setup problem

Comment

i have a 16ft center console xpress alum. boat with the hyper lift hull. it takes forever to get up on step. i my motor barely runs 5000 rpms wide open.

Comment

Sounds to me like you need a smaller pitch prop and possibly a review of the weight distribution.

Cheers
          GT

Comment

Originally posted by xpressboy View Post
            i have a 16ft center console xpress alum. boat with the hyper lift hull. it takes forever to get up on step. i my motor barely runs 5000 rpms wide open.
            How about some history and info on this set up.
            Is it a flat, semi V, V , a tunnel? what is a hyper lift hull?
            Who mounted the motor, how old is the boat, is it a used set up or even new to you used one?
            Has it ever run properly?
            how old is the fuel and has the motor set up for a while?

What RPMs and speed is it able to run and what is the prop you are running

We should not have to ask a bunch of questions, this all should be posted up front.
            Just saying it does not meet your expectations means nothing to us

Sounds like you have too much prop or too much boat for that motor if the motor is running as it should.

What did you see when you looked at the link I posted earlier and does your set up get close to what they did?
            Last edited by 99yam40; 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

40 yamaha

i to have a 2011 yamaha 40. it is a tiller t&t . i have the same problem. i had a 40 yamaha same motor but a 2000 model. both are 4 strokes. my 2011 is efi and my 2000 was carburated. i think my 2000 got out the hole and was a little quicker on top end. both motors 40 hp, 4 stroke, same boat but there is a peformance difference, not a whole lot to worry about but a difference.

Comment

yamaha

16x52 allweld flat bottom boat.

Comment

Originally posted by n.o.yat View Post
                  i to have a 2011 yamaha 40. it is a tiller t&t . i have the same problem. i had a 40 yamaha same motor but a 2000 model. both are 4 strokes. my 2011 is efi and my 2000 was carburated. i think my 2000 got out the hole and was a little quicker on top end. both motors 40 hp, 4 stroke, same boat but there is a peformance difference, not a whole lot to worry about but a difference.

this is exactly what i was talking about. i just wanted to know if they had some perfromance parts for them. for example like reeds and reed cages in the older 2 strokes. because my boat is setup with the weight and motor height just right.

Comment

Working...
                  X