Used Re-power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Re-power

Looking for information on 2 engines I am interested in. It is a set of Yamaha 2005 LZ200TXRD counter rotation. Is this a good motor, with a good history? How many hours are too many hours? I am told the compression is good on both engines. The engines are no longer on the boat as it was repowered recently. What questions should I be asking. It would be an up grade for me from my 1987 yamaha's. Thanks.

Are they both counter rotation?
    Don't see 2 on a boat normally only 1 and the other normal rotation.

Tuff to by motors without being able to run them to make sure they are good through all RPM ranges.

Maybe some kind of written guaranty.
    Are these from a Yamaha dealer or an individual?

Comment

are they EFI motors? if so I would keep the old carrbed ones. but I hate EFI outboards, so you have to keep that in mind.

Comment

Ask the seller why he decided to repower/replace 2 perfectly good motors(IF they're perfect) If the price seems low and too good to be true, maybe seller wants to unload these motors due to a know problem? Check it out and try not to get burned! Good Luck!

Comment

put them on a stand and run them
          pay a surveyor to check them out if you dont know what to look for

Comment

Jb you can not run a motor on a stand under load at all RPMs and neither can a surveyor unless they have access to a dyno. So I do not see the point of it, but to each his own
            Last edited by 99yam40; 02-01-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

nothing like a 30 minuet sea trail.

Comment

Working...
              X