Racor filter for 07 F225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racor filter for 07 F225

I'm planning on replacing the Yamaha filter with a Racor and would like to know if I would I use a 30 GPH or a 60GPH Racor to replace the Yamaha filter?

Well if you use the 60GPH filter, then it could filter and hold a lot more(twice as much I guess) water and debris than the 30GPH filter before causing a fuel restriction at maximum RPM's....So maybe the 60GPH gives you a better margin of safety regarding fuel flow/restriction. Good Luck!

Comment

Good idea. Believe the 60GPH is a 2-micron Racor and it's a direct screw on replacement. You'll also need the bowl, either plastic or aluminum. Can't recall the part number but you can search this forum and find it. Boats.net has them but you need to talk to tech support for ordering. I've been replacing mine every 50-hrs. Need to install a vacuum gauge but can't find one that has a small enough range. I wouldn't consider a 30-GPH.
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Yep, and if you decide on a 2 micron filter, which would be more prone to plugging and restriction than a 10 Micron, all the better reason to go with the 60GPH unit....at least in my thinking! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X