Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a gearcase+propeller in Florida, 225hk V6 2stroke -89

Hi everyone,

Im about to go to the US, and I´ll spend some time in Florida, most probably around Miami...

Anyway I´m looking to buy a gearcase for my engine, new or used doesn´t matter, although I have to know that it´s 100% okey, not taking any risks on that one.

I really appreciate any suggestions I can get.

Boat = Four winns sundowner 205, Engine=see "title"..

Thanks

Go on-line and you should be able to locate a good used,rebuilt or new gearcase and prop...lots of boats/dealers around Miami...Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
      How much would you guess that a "used" one will cost?

Comment

I'm just guessing from a parts dealer somewhere in the $1000 to $1500 range, but if you can find just an individual trying to "part out" his old busted motor, maybe less than that....just have to check around for the best deal. Good Luck!

Comment

there are new aftermarket lower units available too, a lot of people use, you need to look on line to see what you can find

Comment

Thanks...

Also one more thing, how can I see whether it´s an L / XL i need for my boat ? I´ll try google aswell but feel free to answer me Thanks!

Comment

Measure your transom, a "L" is for 20 inch transom and "XL" for 25 inch
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi again, I just wanted to check, on my engine it says UL, (as in Ultralong), so can I be sure that I need an UL then, (just want to be 100% sure about this), I mean so I dont get the wrong length... I´m just thinking if there could be any modifications that has changed the rigglength from ex. UL to XL or so.

Also, do anyone have any experience from gearcases made by sterndrive?... (sterndrive.cc), if so what about the quality?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X