Running fuel out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running fuel out

I have a 2011 yamaha f25 and I run all the remaining fuel out of the carburetor after each trip can i harm the engine by doing this.

Fuel

It shouldn't hurt anything however to get ALL the fuel out of the bowls, there is a drain screw at the bottom of the float bowl.

I'd put a clean tuna fish can underneath and drain it... You can also monitor for any trash build up and keep crap from sucking up into the idle/main jets...

If the motor sits for any lenth of time, I would still add a fuel stabilizer (I like Seafoam) as there's still a little fuel in the fuel pump/lines, etc in either case...
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-16-2012, 08:35 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yep, draining the carbs and using Seafoam or Stabil in your gas is the best method. Any water or debris that may happen to get past your fuel filters will naturally collect in the carb float chambers, and draining them several times a year is just good preventive maintenance. When you have the drain screws out, pump the primer bulb a few times to "flush" float chamber with fresh fuel before replacing them. Be careful not to drop or cross-thread those drain screws. I always put a clean white shop towel under the carbs to catch the drain screws if dropped! Good Luck!

Comment

thanks for the advice guy's i will do that.

Comment

Working...
        X