Oil adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil adjustment

I have twin 2001 OX-66 200Hp Yammies, which run great. The port engine uses 50% more oil than the stbd. The stbd engine uses oil at a rate of about 50:1 so the port is over injecting. What's the procedure for reducing oil flow and is there a limit so that it doesn't under inject?

2. I had the head torqued after about 50 hours, but not since (now about 300 hrs). Is it necessasry/desirable to retorque them?

Thanks

I have the same pair but `00`s....on the oil pumps, look at the linkage and there is a stop, a circular stop pin. your linkage should bottom out at the stop pin, if not loosen linkage ennd and adjust accordingly. this should have been done at the first 20 hr service, but some do slip by. and the retorque, ive never heard of it,youd have to pull the jackets and replace gaskets...others might have other input on that.
    mine have been virtually flawless cept for a o2 sensor replacement.

Comment

I had the same over oiling problem on my 1999 225 OX66. When I went to adjust the linkage rod, it wont adjust far enough so the stop pin contacts the linkage. It seems the threaded linkage rod is a tad too long. I called Yamaha and they said they were aware of that problem. I got it as far as I could and will see what happens. I've heard of some guys actually cutting the linkage rod shorter.

Comment

At the front of the oil pump lever rod there is a lever with 2 holes in it. What I would like to know could you move the rod to the second hole and then it will adjust up to the pin.The problem on mine is the play in that black lever.

Comment

I'll try your suggestions, which are greatly appreciated, and report back on the results.

Comment

Working...
          X