Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW MEMBER, Yamaha 60hp engine wont start??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW MEMBER, Yamaha 60hp engine wont start??

HI,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if any one could help me, i took my boat out today after having it tucked away for four months for the winter. so i had the boat on the trailer in the water and tried to start it but it just kept turing over and not firing, i then tried disconnecting the fuel line incase the engine had been flooded and burning off the excess fuel but no luck either, it's not the kill switch as i took all the spark plugs out and all of them are sparking correctly and there is fuel getting through the lines fine. The only way i could get the engine to start today was to take the spark plugs out, put a few drops of petrol down in and then put the spark plugs back and then the engine would start no problem for maybe 30 secs then slow die out, but i'm not too sure what the problem would be??? in the end i didint get to go out in the boat and i'm left not knowing what to do :s the engine is a 60HP Yamaha auto lube, water cooled engine, and i'm unsure on the age of it as i bought the boat second hand before last summer, any help would be much appreciated,

many thanks

sorry, i forgot to add, the boat is a 2 stroke engine as well, many thanks.
    Last edited by beatty36; 01-11-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds like carbs have gummed up, need to remove and clean carbs.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

in addition to dirty carbs if you have ethanol in your gas you will need to drain it

Comment

If your carbs have drain plugs, drain the fuel out, now with the plugs still out, pump the primer bulb, fuel should flow into the bowls and leak out. Replace drain plugs, reprime bowls and try to restart. If no start, either choke system not working or internal jets plugged.

Comment

Working...
          X