X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member, carbie overhaul

Hi there guys,

Just like to intro myself, and post a issue
    Living here on the lower clarence near Yamba, plenty oppurtunity to boat and fish. Great place to settle down .

Have a old Quintrex 1970 , with a 3 cylinder 30 longsharft,
    used it for few years, was an ex local mesh fisho's, so prob wasnt treated real well, by him or me i sugguest.
    Anyway , it had a fuel diapham replaced some time ago, and also had the oil injection system removed, i was told.
    Last year used the ethonal fuel and well you know where i am going....
    now need to overhaul the fuel system, mostly carbie's i think
    thats why i'm here, to ask for some tips etc.....
    i will get the SN for chasing parts, but am sure it is pre 2000
    will be gratefull for someone to throw me a link to some tutourial or previous thread.
    Cheers rockndot

It is always best to have a yamaha service manual. Take good digital pictures, or write everything down. Take the linkages apart. remove the carbs, disassemble, soak overnight, clean out all jets and passages, put back together with new gaskets if needed. Also clean out all fuel lines and filters, replace if they are too old.

Comment

yamaha 30DMO carbie overhaul

Yes, thanks for the tip,there is some good exploded views on spare parts pages on the web now, so have been using these so far, but should chase one up.
      will take plenty of good pics.
      havnt started as yet, wanted to clarify year and parts avail ?
      i like the soaking overnight tip, get to take five and think also,

will get into things tomorrow now , great to have some great people here giving tips.
      Cheers, rockndot

Comment

Working...
      X