Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yammie 115HP Ignition Switch Fault Finding

Hi All,

Well have done some more searching into why my motor wont start. I have checked the following.

All fuses - OK.
    Neutral Position Switch (In Con*****er) - OK
    Start Solenoid - OK.
    Kill Switch - OK.

Now, what i have found.

The Brown lead that comes out from the back of the ignition switch and goes to the Neutral Switch does not have any power on it, when the key is turned to Start......

Correct me if im wrong, when turning the key to start, should there be power on this lead which in turn goes through the Neutral switch and then to the start solenoid to energise the coil?

I applied 12Volts to the Brown lead from the neutral switch and Bam! The Starter began to crank....SO...

Is my fault more than likely to be the ignition Switch Assembly,,due to there being no power coming from the Brown lead that exits the Ign Switch?

All comments and thoughts appreciated...

keyswitch or main harness, ohm test harness... are the connections clean ?? no knicks in harness?

Comment

do you have 12 v + at the key switch on the red wire?
      If it is there then I would have to say the key switch is bad or there is a bad connection at the connector

Comment

Thanks to all.

My fault finding proved to be right.

Faulty Ignition Switch assy. I have replaced it with a new one, and now it all works good,.

Thanks to all who contributed to my request.

Daniel.

Comment

Working...
        X