25 hp 4 stroke running rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 hp 4 stroke running rough

Hi ,I have a 25hp four stroke about a 2004 model but with hardly any hours on it. It has been running fine until recently. After running for about 20 minutes it looses power and it sounds like a plug has broken down. I have changed the plugs several times but it seems the problem is elsewhere as even with new plugs the engine does the same thing, any suggestions please?

check the cables from the bobbin,maybe the one of the cable are break through..

Comment

Does this motor have the overheat and low oil pressure alarm?
      And are they working properly?

Maybe your motor is going into safe mode and the alarm is not sounding like it should.

If that is not a problem the you can check for loss of spark on individual cylinders with an inductive timing light clipped around the plug wires and you can check for the proper timing when problem occurs.

If all that is good then you are left with a fuel problem more than likely

Comment

thanks

hi guys , thanks for the advice, I will check these things

Comment

Had the same problem with my 2002 25 4stroke yami. It was the grommet for the water tube to the bottom of the block. Motor was going to limp mode because of running hotter than usual. The grommet dry rots and goes into the water inlet on the base of the powerhead thus constricting water flow and overheating the motor on loner runs. The tell tale still spit water like it should when the grommet was bad I spent many hours trying to diagnose and finally tore the powerhead off the midsection and shazam there it was changed it now a few hundred hours later just fine.

Comment

thanks

Hi , thanks for the tip,I will have a look at the grommet as I have checked the fuel system and it is fine so fuel is not the problem

Comment

Drain each carb onto clean white rag to check for water or debris in float chambers...carb jets may be plugged up, requiring removal and cleaning of each carb. Any water or debris in your fuel filter? Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X