Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 225 excel no spark

hi all
    i run a dual set up of 225 and one wont start.
    as decribed here before it is very hard to see spark on yami but i am pretty sure there is none.

tested so far
    12 volt to motor dropped to 9 while cranking, added jumper direct to motor nov 11.5 volt during cranking
    yellow wire to ymis 12.4 at ing on and 8 volts during cranking before jumper cables now 9.5
    all 3 pulsar coils ohm at 320
    low speed charge coil 39-40 volt during cranking (red + brown wire)
    high speed coil 10 volts
    checked ground connections = fine
    changed plugs
    swobbed Crank pos sensor with other motor
    measured 0-0,3 volts on inlet on all ign coils
    swobbed remote ign swits and neutral with other motor.

is the low speed coil voltage okay at 40 volts ? i am not able to get any ohm reading but also not on the other motor as well (maybe bad multimeter )

it started when i was out boating and the fuel diaframe cracked i changed it and the boat ran great rest of the day,next morning it wont start and not since....

gentalmen start your brains thank you

bye the way when i turn ignition on the horn sounds like normal and gets silent but sometimes during cranking i get a high speed pulse beep

It should maintain at least 10 volts to ECU when cranking, low speed charge coil output should be 145 volts at cranking(peak reading voltmeter)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks

the 10 volt hint was just what i needed i went back and found the main negative wire to the motor had been prolonged some time and under the heat shrink the cable was corroded away.just enough cable to make it crank well but not able to feed 10 volts.
      put new negative cable between batt and motor and she fired right up.

Comment

Working...
      X